When it comes time to care for a deceased loved one, you may feel overwhelmed and confused about the next steps and options. Our Abilene funeral home staff members are here and ready to help.
Whether you'd like a funeral or a more creative celebration of life, we can assist you to select the funeral service options that hold the most meaning for you and your family. We can be your guide and your ally whenever and however much you need us. We are here to support you in making each arrangement decision.
What to Expect When You Call
If the Need for a Funeral Is Immediate
When we receive your call that your loved one has passed away we work quickly to begin the process that gets everything in order to ensure that the paperwork is completed in an efficient manner. One of the first questions we will ask is if you have decided what type of funeral service to have. If you have made that decision, this will make things easier and our staff will also start the process of planning with you.
If you have not decided on the service you want, staff will work with you to get the initial paperwork and retrieval of your loved one’s remains in order. Questions you can expect include:
- Your loved one’s name, date of birth and date of death.
- Do they have a will that includes wishes for how to care for their remains?
- Are they an organ donor?
- Do they have a signed pronouncement of death?
- What is the location for us to pick up the remains?
Once we’ve covered the initial questions we will arrange a time for you to come to our office to complete the rest of the arrangements.
If You are Prearranging a Funeral For Yourself or Your Loved One
The process of prearranging a funeral is much more relaxed than an immediate need service. We would be happy to make the majority of these arrangements over the phone or set a time for you to come into our office to review the selections and put an initial plan in order. Questions to think about ahead of the meeting include:
- Do you have funeral arrangements you’ve made elsewhere?
- Are there particular elements you’d like included in the funeral service?
- Your name and other contact details.
- Do you have specific caskets, urns or other funeral products in mind?
- Do you want to prepay the funeral as well or simply indicate your wishes?
Simply contact us at (325) 928-4711. Or, if your need is not immediate, drop us an email using the contact form below.
201 Edwards St,
Merkel, TX US
Phone: (325) 928-4711
Fax: (325) 928-3078